Frederick Charles Krueger
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Weapon(s) of Choice
Frederick "Freddy" Charles Krueger is the main antagonist of the A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise and appears as a playable character in Terrordrome Rise of the Boogeymen.
Fred "Freddy" Krueger is a fictional character created by Wes Craven, and is the main antagonist and a killer from the slasher film series A Nightmare on Elm Street. When he was burned to death in 1971 by the citizens of Springwood, he was offered the spot as "Dream Killer" from the demons who live in the depths of hell. He uses this new career of his to his advantage to murder the children of his killers in their dreams.
- Punch - [P]
- Kick - [K]
- Weak Weapon - [WW]
- Strong Weapon - [SW]
- Dodge - [P+K]
- Taunt - [T]
- Long Arm - [←, →, WW]
- Blade Uppercut - [→, ↓, →, SW]
- Teleport - [←, ↓, →, K]
- Multi Stab - [→, ↓, →, WW]
- Ground Claw - [←, ↓, SW]
- Slime - [↓, ←, WW]
- Grab - [ ↓, →, P]
- Grab and Stab - [Grab, WW] (WW can be pressed 3 times for maximum damage.)
- Grab and Drain Life - [Grab, SW]
- Combo String - [P, WW, P, WW]
- Grab and Drain Life can steal more health from the opponent.
- Unleashed 1: Fire Wall - [↓, →, ↓, →, WW]
- Freddy throws both of his hands up, unleashing a wave of fire from the ground that causes knockback. Freddy quips, "Welcome to my Nightmare!"
- Unleashed 2: Freddy Worm - [↓, →, ↓, →, SW]
- Freddy shapeshifts into a grotesque serpent that lunges forward, up, then down, severely damaging the opponent. Freddy is invunerable in Worm state. This is the better of his two Unleashed moves and is inspired by his actions against Kristen Parker in A Nightmare on Elm Street 3 The Dream Warriors.
- Slasher - [↓, →, ↓, →, Taunt] (Full Meter. Low Enemy's Health. Winning Round)
Freddy wasn't easily scared, but this time he was in trouble.
Cenobites in the Dream World? Probably looking for him.
He cheated death once and escaped their hell with the help of dream demons.
But he knew they would find him eventually. He needed a plan and a good one.
Freddy tried his best but the Cenobites were far more powerful.
"Come back with us now Freddy, enough games!"
Freddy was about to lose. Pinhead had him already chained.
But Freddy always had a trick up his sleeve.
He gave his ally Candyman the oppurtunity to strike back.
As the fight had already weakened Pinhead, his end was near.
Freddy then took advantage of the situation and betrayed Candyman.
He trapped both of them in a dream mirror, and broke it.
Freddy knew they would eventually escape one day, but it would take time.
Until then, time to enjoy the victory and have fun!
Opponents Fought In OrderEdit
- Herbert West
- Classic Jason Voorhees
- Tall Man
- Matt Cordell
- Michael Myers
- Undead Jason Voorhees
Connections to Other CharactersEdit
- Jason Voorhees - Freddy has previously battled Jason in the film Freddy vs. Jason including the comic Freddy vs Jason vs Ash and it's sequel Freddy vs Jason vs Ash The Nightmare Warriors. They had their own comic serieses published by New Line Cinema's House of Horror and Avatar Press. They then later appear in Stan Helsing where they were known as Fweddy and Mason.
- Ash - In the original A Nightmare on Elm Street, the main character Nancy can be seen watching the first Evil Dead film in her bedroom. Freddy Krueger's glove is also seen in Ash's Cabin in Evil Dead 2. They both later had a crossover in Freddy vs Jason vs Ash and it's sequel Freddy vs Jason vs Ash The Nightmare Warriors.
- Ghostface - The A Nightmare on Elm Street creator and writer/director Wes Craven is also the director of all 4 films in the Scream series. Also in the first Scream film, a school janitor was dressed as Freddy Krueger. Freddy Krueger and Ghostface later has their own shows (Freddy Krueger has his own show called Freddy's Nightmares and Ghostface has his own show called Scream).
- Candyman - Both Freddy and Candyman were undead characters that lacks physical bodies as well as souls and the source of their powers are both based on being in the conscienceness of large groups of people.
- Leatherface - Leatherface is a killer that obviously resides in Texas while one of the inspirations for the name "A Nightmare on Elm Street" comes from the Elm St. in Dallas, TX where former USA President John F. Kennedy was assassinated on November 1963. They had their own comic serieses published by New Line Cinema's House of Horror and Avatar Press. They both then appear in Stan Helsing where they were known as Fweddy and Pleatherface.
- Chucky - Freddy's bladed glove appears in Bride of Chucky in the Evidence Deposition. They both later appear in Stan Helsing where they were known as Fweddy and Lucky.
- One of the first 4 characters to be playable.
- Freddy's infamous glove switches hands when selected as Player 2, and when he faces left.
- Both Freddy Krueger, Michael Myers and Leatherface are playable within the game Dead by Daylight.
- Both Freddy, The Classic Jason Voorhees, The Undead Jason Voorhees and Leatherface also are playable within the Mortal Kombat series (Freddy in MK9 And MKXMobile).
- Freddy Krueger, The Classic Jason Voorhees and Herbert West were the only characters who can restore their healths.